Welcome to the official Learning Disabilities Association of California (LDA-CA) Website. The information and links in this website can assist you to learn the following:
- About LDA-CA and what we do
- About Learning Disabilities, and its impact
- How you can join LDA-CA, donate to LDA-CA, or be a volunteer
- Browse our reading list of recommended books
- Miss the LDA-CA Hot Issues Symposium? Order CDs here!
- About our newsletter, The Gram
- Resources and links about Learning Disabilities
Thank you for taking an interest in the Learning Disabilities Association of California and in learning more about learning disabilities.
COUNTDOWN TO THE CONFERENCE; Feb. 19-22, 2014
5) UPDATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN LDA. Or join to get a price break on conference registration and complimentary conference time for volunteer time.
4) SEND MAILING LISTS and email lists. Please send, or ask other organizations to send, whatever addresses and email lists they have from your area ASAP, so your parents, schools and service providers have time to plan to attend the fantastic LDA-International conference in February. Brochures and registration forms will be be distributed by National LDA to schools and groups of service providers in your area. Send to ATurkheimer@ldaamerica.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
3) DISTRIBUTE FLYERs (attached), to schools, social workers, school psychologist, nurses, teachers and parents. Or reference our website, www. LDACA.org or National, ldaamerica. org, in your publications
2) JOIN our pre-conference committee. Ongoing committee meetings and additional, hands-on pre conference preparation will be handled through the host state affiliate LDACA. If you or your group wants to volunteer for preparation and pre-conference activities please call or email >ABKrieger@aol.com <, (909)621-1494,>Pamham54@aol.com< , (909)980-0592
1) VOLUNTEER. Volunteers are needed at the conference for each session, the exhibit hall, the CA volunteer desk near the registration desk, etc. LDA Members or college students, parents or members of other non-profit organizations interested in helping special needs can volunteer to work one full day and get a full day free or a ½ day for a ½ day free registration at the conference Email volunteer names and contact info to; > Pamham54@aol.com< or call (909)980-0592 for volunteer registration form. For online registration go to www.LDAAmerica.org/conference/
See you February 19-22, 2014 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA.
Dear Member or Friend of LDA, LDA is a non-profit organization run solely by and for its members. To keep our organization "alive and kicking", the State Board will be reviewing and updating our membership package on an ongoing basis. I would love your feedback on what membership benefits that you would like to see us offer and what activities that you feel would attract new membership in the future. Benefits may encompass everything from an online "members only" forum and/or blog on our website, to more opportunities to network with others who volunteer to make a difference in the community, or etc. We already offer newsletters and reduced conference rates. Though I can't promise we will be able to provide everyone with their wish list, we will definitely take your feedback into consideration in order to provide you with a quality membership package in the future.
LDA 51st Annual International Conference, February 19-22, 2014, Anaheim, CA
Join us for the 2014 LDA Annual Conference!
LDA’s mission is to create opportunities for success for all individuals affected by learning disabilities and to reduce the incidence of learning disabilities in future generations. LDA believes everyone can succeed at school, at work, in relationships, and in the community—given the right opportunities and supports as needed. Please bring your family, friends and co-workers to the 2014 LDA Conference in Anaheim, CA, for a time of learning and discovering how we can advocate and work together to create new opportunities for children and adults with learning disabilities. We are excited to be right on Disney property this year!
Mission and Purpose
The Learning Disabilities Association of California is a 501(c)(3) non-profit volunteer organization of parents, professionals, and adults with learning disabilities. Its purpose is to promote and support the education and general welfare of children and adults of potentially normal intelligence who manifest learning, perceptual, and/or behavioral handicaps The goals of the Learning Disabilities Association of California are to:
- Advance parents' understanding and responsibility for the education of their children
- Increase community awareness and acceptance of the unique problems of persons with learning disabilities and their families
- Expand communication with regular and special educators at all levels
- Respond to unmet needs of individuals with learning disabilities and promote or create services to meet those needs
- Develop social and educational opportunities for individuals with learning disabilities
- Promote vocational and career education opportunities
- Encourage research in all aspects of learning disabilities
- Stimulate development of early detection programs; and
- Serve as a consultant and/or liaison with other parents and professional organizations
This web site publishes information and opinions as a service to its readers. LDA-CA does not recommend or endorse any particular method, institution, product, treatment, or theory. Opinions expressed on this web site or sites to which it has links are not necessarily those of LDA-CA.